Thursday, December 20, 2007

Grey, Pebbled Finish


This is probably one of the dirtiest cars I've ever seen -- and it's mine.

A few weeks ago, we bought a car through the auction and it arrived just this week. It had to be shipped from Vancouver on a truck, so it took a while to get here. I suspect that they took some kind of indirect route to get here, perhaps traveling through a bog... or maybe a bog and then a gravel pit. The car was absolutely filthy after the trip, covered in a thick coat of grime and pebbles. When we picked it up, we had to use handfuls of snow to "wash" the glass enough to safely see outside and drive.


Before I washed the car, I took this picture of the trunk, where you can clearly see the pebbles. I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like that. Once it was all washed off it looked just fine, so the trip through the gravelly bog doesn't seem to have had any long-term adverse effects.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention what car it is.

D said...

It's a 2004 Mazda 6 and it's pretty sweet.

Anonymous said...

If you got it for a good price, I guess getting it cleaned up was worth it. Enjoy!! See you soon!!
How come there is always a wheelchair by the word verification? I think I asked this once before and you never answered me! I know I am handicapped when I try to do those crazy letters, but it is giving me a complex!

D said...

If you click on the wheelchair next to the word verification, I think it gives you an easier verification to do. It's probably for people whose screens don't display very well, so it's very difficult to tell what the letters are.

Don't let the wheelchair intimidate you.