Monday, April 07, 2008

Haskayne MBA Lounge

Since the MBA lounge at the University of Calgary is the place where I spend the majority of my time, I thought I should take a few pictures. Walk with me on a tour of the facilities...


This is Scurfield Hall, the home of the Haskayne School of Business at the Unversity of Calgary. The building is conveniently located near a light rail (C-Train) station and an LDS chapel. I have received parking tickets at both locations.


Here is the interior of Scurfield Hall, as viewed from the 4th floor, which is where the MBA lounge is located.


MBA students have access to a lounge with 7 "breakout" rooms, a lunchroom, a computer lab and a common area. The lounge is in constant use from about 7am to midnight (you can stay late if you want, but the doors to Scurfield Hall lock at about 11pm).


Some MBA students hard at work.

We have lockers in the basement of Scurfield Hall, which is not that convenient, given that we do all of our studying on the 4th floor. Our classroom is on the 2nd floor, but I didn't take any pictures of that. Just try to imagine a room with wood panelling and stadium seating for 50.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For your next tour could you please go to the arcade in Mac Hall? It used to be the best arcade in the city, but I know it's a shadow of its former self. I spent many "study breaks" in there playing Galaga, Fish Tails, and Star Trek Pinball. It would just make me happy to see at least one pinball machine still in action...

Grandma Walters said...

What a state of the art place to study! you should do well! Speaking of parking tickets...there are times when you are asked if you are "honest" in all your dealings. Does that not include illegal parking??? Ha.