Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Chapters Kids

The Chapters Bookstore near our house has recently opened a "Chapters Kids" section that takes up nearly a full quarter of the store. It has a big tea cup that you can sit in to read stories, a train set, and oodles of books and toys that you are free to play with. It has become our new afternoon hangout for cold-weather days. Plus, they have story time every day at 11am.


The addition of toys to the store's offerings is great because we can redeem our Air Miles reward points for gift cards, so we can buy all of Scotty's Christmas presents at the store without paying cash for any of it. We checked a few prices against Zeller's (another Air-Miles-eligible store) and found that some of the toys are actually cheaper at Chapters, so it seems like a winning strategy.

Chapters: choo-choo!

4 comments:

JwRiDe said...

I really dig Scotty's expression in the second pic...

Anonymous said...

A dreamland for a little boy !

Grandma Walters said...

I know it's cold outside, but how about taking Scottie's hat off inside so we can see his cute eyes, and unbutton his coat so he can relax a bit while he checks out the toys? I'm sure you have a legitimate reason...

D said...

I didn't take off his coat and hat because I think he looks cute in them. I didn't take my coat off either, but that's probably more for convenience's sake.