Saturday, December 05, 2009

It Came Out Of My Mouth

11/12/09

The other night when I came home from work Scott looked over at me from playing and said, "O my lucky!" I imagine I might have said this around him before, but probably not that recently. Apparently, he said it all day long today.
------------
Then later that night when he was jumping around on the couch he stopped and shouted, "Hoist the sails!" This is from a pirate book that we read several weeks ago.
------------
Saturday morning we were in the yard playing with a ball and watching some birds in the big pine tree out front, when R announced that it was time to eat lunch. Scott said he preferred to stay outside and play. I used a favourite technique to try to get him moving.

I said, "Tell the bird that you're going inside to drink some grape juice." Usually, he would do exactly what I suggested, and we would head inside. This time was different.

He turned to me and said, "The bird says 'not quite yet.'"

Clever.
------------
Probably best of all is this video, where I captured Scotty making one of his many sound effects. I thought it sounded kind of like a car or a train engine, but I was mistaken:



"What makes that sound?"

"Scotty makes that sound.
It came out of my mouth."

3 comments:

JwRiDe said...

watched this with the fam a dozen times. Great stuff!

Lisa and Doug said...

He is adorable.

Grandma Walters said...

I'm glad you are recording these cute saying for His posterity! Merry Christmas!