Wednesday, February 17, 2010

which day is yours?

This is the conversation-starter Scott used with me at the dinner table tonight. I wasn't sure what he meant but once it was translated to me by R I responded that I had had a good day today.

I reciprocated: "How was your day, Scott?"

"I had a bad day today," he said. I was a bit surprised by his response, but then he elaborated. "I was a Bad Guy today."

He has recent obsession with Bad Guys. He's seen them in Disney movies and thinks they are 1) cool and 2) fast runners. He pretends to be a Bad Guy by tearing around the house at top speed. I think this hardly qualifies him as a supervillan.

Instead, I think it demonstrates how much he's growing in understanding and sophistication. He went on for several minutes about his day and what things he had done. Look at those big blue eyes! What villainy could hide behind eyes like that?

 

5 comments:

Grandma Wride said...

There is a very good reason why little children are so cute--it is so we still love them big time when they do some dastardly things. I thought that many times as all of you were growing up and getting into various kinds of mischief.

Lisa and Doug said...

Sheesh he is cute!

Aunica said...

He really does have the cutest blue eyes!! I completely agree with you Grandma, but I'm coming from a babysitting perspective! Sometimes that is a big YIKES!!! :)

Aunica said...

He really does have the cutest blue eyes!! I completely agree with you Grandma, but I'm coming from a babysitting perspective. Sometimes that is a big YIKES!!! :)

Jessica said...

Has he figured out that he can build swords and guns with Lego and run around the house making light saber-like noises yet?