Saturday, September 12, 2009

First Bike Race



My company participates in an annual sports competition called the Calgary Corporate Challenge, with a number of events held throughout the month of September. I was on the mountain-biking team in what was my first bike race ever. It is hard to say who was more excited about it, Scott or I.



I did a really fast race, and probably would have won except that I was in first place after climbing the first hill and made a wrong turn and went right back down the hill. It was hard to recover after that, but I did manage to get back into first place about 2/3 of the way through by abandoning braking on all the downhill sections. Unfortunately, I ran out of gas near the end and was passed by a girl who clearly knows a lot more about cycling than I do.

No comments: