Thursday, February 17, 2011

Soccer Mom (and Dad)

She already had the SUV, and now R has the official title to with it. We mailed our registration in yesterday and now she is a bona-fide Soccer Mom.

Scott has always liked soccer, and the prospect of playing on a team in real games is something he can't wait for. We registered him for the U4 coed house league run by our community. Now we need to help him understand that it will be competitive. Until now, he's mainly played in our backyard or in a sports class where he has his own ball. I'm pretty sure we'll have a meltdown on our hands when someone swipes it from him or an opponent doesn't agree to share. Total meltdown.

Fortunately, it will be cold enough to take some of that heat off. From what I've heard about this spring, outdoor, EVENING league, it is downright frigid for the spectators. That is why R only agreed to this plan in the first place because I promised to attend all the games. Not only that, I had to be the parent volunteer from our household. I called dibs on equipment-guy duty.

That makes me a Soccer Dad. Bona fide.



1 comment:

Lisa and Doug said...

And so it begins......