Sunday, April 10, 2011

Quotes From Scotty

Occasionally Scott says something so hilarious that I run for the nearest scrap of paper to write it down before I forget it. As a result, I have various quotes lying all over the house from the past few months, but no dates or context. I rounded up the ones that I could find and here they are:

November 2010
Discussing Hayden's upcoming birthday party.
D: "Does Hayden have to wait until he blows out his candles to turn 4?"
S: "Yes. That's the deal."
-----------
Scott is watching me try an online kids computer game with an "action" sound.
S: "You love action right? [short pause] I love action too."
-----------
D: "Was the dinosaur toy scaring the baby in Jenny's tummy?"
S: "Yes. It was so scared it was trying to climb out her mouth."
D: "When Jenny opened her mouth could you see the baby trying to get out?"
S: "No."
---------
D: "How did you like playing with Alli & Hayden?"
S: "Hayden totally hit me."

December 2010
Lunch is being served.
S: (to mom) "Don't go crazy, Miss Highness."
----------
D: "What time does the mailman come, Scott?"
S: [no hesitation] "Twenty-three-four."
----------
Going out for a snowball fight. I am putting on my coat.
S: Dad, are you going to wear that?
D: Yeah.
S: You have to wear a snow hat.
D: Okay. [puts on a black toque] Here.
S: [puzzled] Is that a snow hat?
D: Yes.
S: [nodding] Oh yeah. That one is for snowball fights ... and pinatas.

Note: This totally cracked me up when he first said it, but then I figured out the connection -- the only other time he saw this hat was when I used it as the kids' blindfold to break the pinata at Scott's 3rd birthday party -- more than 5 months earlier.
----------
Before bedtime
S: You bacon!
D: Why did you say bacon?
S: Is bacon a good word?
D: Yes.
S: What is bacon?
D: It's a food that you eat.
S: Oh yeah! I'm going to eat bacon for breakish in the morning.
D: You'll have to ask mom to make the bacon for you.
S: Dad, tell me all about it -- how to make bacon.

January 2011
Scott came into his room where I was seated on the floor for bedtime story and he stomped on my leg. I told him that it hurt me a lot.
S: [whispering] "Don't tell Mom. Don't tell her."
D: "Why not? What will she do if I tell her?"
S: [still wshipering] "She will just hit you more."
D: [stifling a laugh] "Really?"
S: [still whispering] Yes. So don't tell her."
-----------
Scott is standing patiently while I try to get the broken zipper on his winter coat to zip up.
S: "This zipper is having issues."

March 2011
Watching WALL-E (the Disney animated movie). EVE (the white robot) and WALL-E are in the elevator and then EVE uses her gun to blast the monitor that shows the "Rogue Robot" warning. Scott comments: "EVE is jumpy."

4 comments:

Lisa and Doug said...

Write a book, Derek, write a book!

The Other Smiths said...

I love it. I am sitting here at works and trying to contain my laughter, tears, you brought tears to my eyes. Especially with the hitting one, and the bacon.

John Dustan said...

Hilarious! The kid's full of character! (must have something to do with his middle name).

margo said...

priceless.