Saturday, January 01, 2011

Wetting One's Self at the San Diego Zoo



In the afternoon we caught up with my cousins at the San Diego Zoo. We found them at the Seal Show, where we took advantage of their VIP tickets to sit in a prime location. The three boys took advantage of the time to run up and down all the metal benches. I love how each boy's outfit seems to scream out a different theme (skater, GI Joe and REI).



While we were waiting for the seal show to start, I let Scotty take some more photos. He keeps his finger out of the way and he manages to hold it level, so he does better than I might have expected.



D: "Scott, did you like riding up high above the zoo in that green cable car?"
S: "It didn't have wheels, so it wasn't a car."
D: "You're right. It was more like a bucket."
S: "Yeah, a green bucket."









Scott was pretty excited about the whole experience and forgot to tell us that he needed to go to the bathroom until it was too late -- and I was holding him. Suddenly I found my hoodie was all wet. We were on the opposite side of the zoo (headed into the elephant exhibit), so I had to take the cable car back and then run to our car to get something for him and I to change into. I bought a green tote bag from the gift shop as well as a plastic bag and we wrapped up the wet clothes for the rest of the visit. That tote bag is our only souvenir from San Diego.



For the record, Scott wasn't the only one to wet himself that day at the zoo. One more of the individuals in this final picture wet himself. The other one will remain nameless, but I can tell you it wasn't the sea lion.

No comments: