Wednesday, April 22, 2009

This MBA is Done Like Dinner

Monday night I had the last exam in my 2-year full-time MBA program at the University of Calgary's Haskayne School of Business. Although I thought I had the upper hand, the program had one last surprise in store for me.

The exam was scheduled from 7pm-10pm on Monday night, but the class was normally held from 6:30pm-9:15pm, so halfway through the exam I got mixed up and thought that it ended at 9pm. This nearly gave me a heart attack at 8:45 when I looked at the clock and thought that I only had 15 minutes to finish a third of the exam. I didn't figure it out until 9:01 and the professor still hadn't stopped the exam. For a while there, I thought I was going to fail.

But don't worry -- I'm quite sure I passed (95% confidence).


You can't just go to sleep after such a monumental event, so fellow graduate SM and I headed out for Chinese food at Sun's on Center Street. We didn't order the jellyfish heads, the pig's ear or the deep fried intestines, so everything was pretty tame.


After that exam scare, my stomach couldn't handle anything too crazy.

-D, MBA

8 comments:

Linz said...

From what I hear those two years are extremely intense...congratulations!

the mama said...

HOOOOOOOOOOOOORAY for you ! It is finally finished. We are so happy for you.

E. Roonford said...

BEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!

Lisa and Doug said...

Cheers! So happy for you that it is over! Congratulations!

Scotty P said...

Congrats on finishing b-school, man. Where to now?

Jessica said...

Woo Hoo's are in order!!! Congrats!

Grandma Walters said...

All we can say after all these comments is CONGRATULATIONS,TOO!! We knew you could do it, you had tenacity, stick-to-it-ive-ness, and a few brains to go along with it. We are proud of you!! Our love...

margo said...

Congratulations Big D! That's an awesome accomplishment!! wooohoooo!!!