Thursday, July 16, 2009

Check Out That Horse Jumpin'

I am not just a student anymore, and I have a flip book to prove it.

You see, since graduation (actually, since the beginning of March), I have been gainfully employed as an analyst for a gas and power infrastructure company here in Calgary. Despite taking me on, this company managed to perform well enough in the 2nd Quarter of 2009 to have a company celebration at the Spruce Meadows equestrian grounds in the southern part of Calgary. Our car overheated just as we were leaving downtown, but other than that, the party went off without a hitch.


In addition to horse-jumping, a petting zoo, a Spider-Man bouncer and all the Sprite you could drink, this party had a station where you could make your own flip book. They filmed you for 7 seconds doing a goofy dance with props and then they printed out a few sheets of the individual frames and then cut them to make a flip-book. Ours was top-notch.


While I loved the flip book, Scott was more partial to the ice cream cones and the jumping horses. He really wanted a crack at the Spider-Man bouncer but I steered him away from that because there were a few bigger kids in there. In retrospect, I think it was the wrong thing to do and I feel sorry for depriving him of his Spidey-Time.


We had the radiator fan on our vehicle replaced recently, so all future company parties should be overheating-free.


Oh, the timing on this last photo was kind of unfortunate -- unless you were looking for a good rear view of a pair of riding shorts in flight. If so, then look no further.

2 comments:

your mama said...

AH ! My day is complete because I now have the primo shot of riding pants in flight ! THANK YOU !

(Looks like a fun day. We never did get to Spruce Meadows in all the time we lived there. Guess we made up for it with our house in Parker being so close to High Prairie Farms.)

Grandma Walters said...

What fun to have the "perks" you do with the company you work for!