Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Eye Witness Account of Idaho Bike Delivery

I decided to buy a new bike, and after considerable soul-searching, opted to order it online in the States and have it shipped to my parents' house in Idaho. I asked my mom for a full report when the bike arrived. She sent me this email yesterday:


IT'S HERE !
It arrived about 3:30 pm and was delivered by a very nice, female UPS driver. She negotiated our driveway with ease--got her big truck turned around with no problem at all so she could go back down the driveway frontwards.
It came in a big, brown box with handhold holes on each side for easy movement of the box. I have not opened the box--thought I would let you do the honors. It is now resting comfortably in our garage. It is dark and cool in the garage, so it should be able to get a really good rest.
The weather is quite a bit cooler than the last few days--mid-70's as a high. Lovely day for a bike to arrive. A hawk was flying overhead a couple of hours before the bike got here--not sure if that is a sign, but it was fun to watch. I was the only one home to witness the hawk and to welcome the bike.

Love,
Mumsy

4 comments:

Eric said...

Woohoo! I hope the assembly and the following rides also come with such a great report.

margo said...

I'm so excited for you D!!

Tara said...

I just bought a new one as well, but then I fell and broke it. What happened to the old one? Don't chuck it! I miss that titanium frame.

D said...

Tara,
The old reliable green mountain bike went through a difficult time when the seat wore out completely and I tried to replace it. It is still functional, but still does not have a seat.

While the mountain bike has treated me very well for many years, I have ventured into biking's fast lane, opting for a bike with big, skinny tires and a lower stance out of the handlebars. I have found that I am nearly twice as fast on this new bike.

Sorry to hear about your crash. Sounds like it was pretty intense.