Tuesday, April 06, 2010

My Mom the Acrobat

[An online chat with my oldest brother J a few days after my parents visited for Katie's baby blessing at the beginning of March]

me: Just wanted to say that I think you are the best. Hope you are having a great day.

J: oh, wow thanks how was sunday? wish we could have been there


me: Sunday was great. It was so nice to have the parentals here. Got some sweet pics of Pops and Scott on the playground. And watched mom nearly kill herself trying to go on a zip line at the playground. Unbelievable.


J: geez

me: I should send you a photo.

J: yeah, do

[This photo is not from the actual incident -- this was a safer version]

me: I went on this thing and then she's like "hey, I want to try that" and then she goes off the platform and promptly slips off the handle and lands on her back in the pebbles.

J: oh no

me: I thought she was going to be dead, but she just popped back up to her feet with that trademark momma laugh and brushed herself off.

J: was she ok?

me: No big deal.

J: amazing


me: She comes from pretty hardy stock, I guess. It wasn't a very big zip line, but still...

J: yeah, would have killed me

me: Haha. Anyway, no harm no foul. I'll send you the photo.

J: cool your kids are cute

me: So are yours.

6 comments:

Clair said...

Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know we have a new family blog. It's private, so we need your email to invite you. We'd love to keep in touch with you guys! xoxo - justin and clairissa

Unknown said...

That picture of Dad and Scotty on the swings is gold! I love it!

Way to bounce back, Little Mama!

Grandma Wride said...

Well...that was quite a feeling...one second I was hanging on the zipline and the next second I was on the ground...charming !! Derek was so worried that I had done permanent damage to myself. Guess I won't try that again. (My mind is so much younger than my body--have to keep reminding myself of that little item.)

Grandma Wride said...

I just need to reconsider when my mind says, "Hey, that looks like fun!" It happened so fast that I did not even realize I was on the ground for a second or so. Poor Derek was sure that I had done so permanent damage to myself. Will have to start acting my age just a little more often, I guess.

Lisa and Doug said...

That Mom of yours is quite a gal!

margo said...

Yes she is!