Saturday, October 22, 2011

Rocket Talk

At the table, eating grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch:

D: Scott, do you remember flying on an airplane before?
S: Yes.
D: Were you scared, or not really?
S: I wasn't scared.
D: Yeah, being on a plane is pretty easy.
S: Dad, when are you going to ride on a rocket?
D: Uh, I don't think I'm ever going to ride on a rocket.
S: Why not?
D: I don't even know where I would find one. Where would I go to get on one?
S: Um... close to the United States?
D: Why did you guess that?
S: I don't know. Was I right?
D: I don't think so. I really don't think there are many rockets that you could find.
S: Yes there are.
D: Even if there were, they would be way too expensive for us to ride them.
S: Grandma and Grandpa have a seasons pass.
D: What?
S: They have a seasons pass to all the football games all year.
D: True.
S: We have a seasons pass... to Calaway Park.
D: Yes, we do.
S: Rockets are the fastest thing in the world, and they could blast you all the way to the moon.
D: Right. But how do you get back?
S: They let the things on the side come off and then it falls back to earth.
D: Really?
S: Yep.

2 comments:

JwRiDe said...

That is sooo great! I love the left turn in the middle of the conversatio.

Grandma Walters said...

What a w ay to stimulate the brain in your cute son!