Thursday, January 05, 2017

Collision

I can't seem to put myself to sleep at night, so I sleep in a bit later than I would normally would at home. However, it doesn't really matter, because I can get to work in less than 10 minutes, and a good portion of that is riding the elevators on each end.

My breakfast is an English muffin with cream cheese and some orange juice that I drink from the jug because I couldn't be bothered to wash a glass afterwards. It's just me in this place, after all. I also chop up some veggies to take to work for a snack.

The work day is another busy one. This time I go home for a dinner break. I make pesto cheese tortellini and a kale smoothie. I eat the tortellini out of the pot but this seems a bit ridiculous so I decide I will use a bowl next time. The Raptors game is on TV. It is a home game so that means they are playing just 1 block away to the east. They are playing against Utah and they are trailing at halftime when I finish eating. While they break for half, I pull the tights on and I run a 4.5 km loop to the office to finish off a few more things. It is cold and windy tonight so I have my face covered like a ninja with a neck tube. It is camoflage. Maybe that is why a guy calls out to me "That's a great pace there, soldier!". I say thanks.

I pick up the 4th quarter of the game while I work in the office. Utah has held a lead on the Raptors the whole game, but somehow the Raptors pull ahead with a few minutes left and hang on for the win. Great finish.

When I hear from the family the news isn't quite as good. R had been over to pick up the kids from some friends and when she backed out of the driveway there, she backed into a car that had just pulled out of another driveway 2 houses down. She was just sick about it, especially since she was worried about getting back to the house by 7pm to have some people come and look at the house to possibly rent it. Fortunately, nobody was hurt and the damage will all be covered by insurance. Still, I am sure R could have done without the heartache. I looked up the process to report it to the police and told her what she would need to do. I would take care of the insurance part for her.

No comments: