Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Air Traffic Observers

Sometimes you just have to get out of the house.

I mean, sometimes you have to get out of the house because it's either that or hide in the bedroom for several hours, trying to keep a toddler quiet.



That's the way it is after class once a week when R teaches singing lessons at our house. We've moved the piano into Scott's room now, but it used to be in the living room, so Scott and I used to have to hide in one of the bedrooms until the lessons were over. After a few afternoons of that I decided we needed to get out and do something instead of playing with the speed chain for the ceiling fan.



Sometimes we go to Chapters to play with the trains in the toy section. Sometimes we ride an actual train (like yesterday), and sometimes we read library books about trains (also yesterday). And sometimes we don't do anything with trains.



We look at planes instead.



Well, planes and helicopters.



There's a really good spot next the Calgary Airport where you can stop in the parking lot of FedEx or DHL or some courier like that and watch the planes take off and land fairly close up.



Being in the courier parking lot gives you the added entertainment of watching the Purolator trucks going in and out while you are waiting for the planes.



Scott loves a good truck about as much as anything, so he was fairly enthralled at the surroundings.





It's too bad it was kind of cold day, so we couldn't stay terribly long. I think we'll need to back again sometime when it's warmer.



I surprised to find that we weren't the only ones that day. Friend and fellow blogger BigJohnnyG was there with his daughter. I promised to give him a mention here.

2 comments:

Jon G. said...

To whom it may concern:

I certainly appreciate your making a commitment to post a picture of Me (Bigjonnyg) and my daughter Makayla on your blog.

However I must say I found it rather difficult to navigate through your extremely large blog to find this one post.

For future reference the path I took was "Tags" Calgary, Air Traffic Observers"

May I suggest you add a search feature to your blog to make finding these releativly hard to find images of my self a tad bit easier.

Sincerely,

BigjonnyG
An avid blog reader extrordinaire

D said...

I just want to point out that there already is a search feature on this blog, but for some strange reason it has not indexed this particular post. Even though the post contains the word "Airport", if you do a search on that term, the results exclude this post. I think it is a conspiracy of some sort.

Thank you for sharing your feelings about the issue.