Friday, March 27, 2009

Another Winner From the Cell Phone Archives


I spotted this sweet ride up for sale on the road near our house. Based on the design, I have identified it as a 1980-81 Lincoln Continental. I originally snapped the picture to send to a friend of mine, whose Queen-Maryesque white Cadillac was written off after getting scraped up in an accident. His old Caddy could seat 18 scouts with room for gear when camping, and could cross the Atlantic in 7 days with a crew of 9 plus 10 guests.

I was half tempted to inquire about the price, but I'm pretty sure you require your own gasoline franchise to keep it in service, and I could hardly afford the extra mooring fees right now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm really curious to know what the price tag was. Or maybe they pay you to take it off their hands.

Scott Wolff said...

I'm quite positive my family had this same year/model Lincoln when I was very young. However ours was upgraded with a powder blue paint job.