Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Halloween: Year of the Spider

"Ten more sleeps."
"Three more sleeps."
"One more sleep until Halloween!"

Then the big day finally came. About 6:45 am we heard small feet go past our bedroom door." I got up and came into the living room. I found Scott sitting silently on the couch, staring through the dim silence of dawn at his Spiderman costume that hung from a chair opposite."

His eyes remained fixed: "Can I put my costume on and go to grandma's now?"

Counting down sleeps works better for Christmas than Halloween, since the Christmas festivities start immediately. When he woke up, Scott still had an eternity to wait (4:00 pm). But finally he got his chance to fight evil, accompanied by Sister Spider, Web Lady and Peter Parker.


Spider Family


Cute little Spider Baby


Peter Parker unmasks Spiderman to reveal... another Peter Parker?


There's that adorable Spider Baby again


Family photo. Notice the skeleton fetus. Ingenious.


Trunk or Treat with the Web Lady


Cousin Afton suddenly appeared at our trunk or treat... from Montana.


More Montana cousins!


Even more Montana cousins -- some of them were armed.


Baby Spider takes a break from dancing in her jammies to snuggle Web Lady

5 comments:

Lisa and Doug said...

LOVE the costumes!

Linz said...

Year of the Spider looks like a Halloween never to forget! Great job on the costumes! Did you for real not know that Montana cousins were showing up?

D said...

Truly, we didn't know. It was a big surprise. We were handing out candy at our car and a girl came up dressed as a chef. I thought to myself, "That girl looks so much like Becca."

We recognized each other at about the same time. Halloween family visits are the bomb.

Kage said...

ew. baby skeleton fetus.

Shona said...

I just got all caught up on your blog (like, 2 year worth. At work. Maybe not the best decision I ever made). I miss you guys more than I thought I did. I thought I missed you a medium amount. Not so. I miss you tons! Also, great blogging :)