Monday, November 29, 2010

Scott Takes it to the Hoop



Here's some footage from Scott's "Little Athletes" sports class that he took this fall. He got the chance to try basketball, soccer, badminton, hockey and a few others. Most important of all, he got the chance to get out in a large open space and run as fast as possible.

Basketball Day:


This first time, the class climbed up on the mats to score easily. The next time, they took the mats away and the class had to shoot it several feet up. I cannot attend, but R reports that Scott was not only good at shooting it in, he was not at all concerned about the prospect of missing -- equally important.

Soccer Day:


Scott and I love to play soccer in the basement with beach balls. Usually, I am the goalie and Scott has to kick it between the couch and the TV to score. I have been surprised how adept he is at finding the open side of the net, no matter where I take up position. I was also surprised when I laid down across the whole goal line that he simply raised it over me. He's pretty anxious to play in real games with a team sometime soon. He thinks that sounds like heaven.

No comments: