Saturday, July 09, 2011

Spiderman Stunt-Double

Scott got a Spiderman twisty balloon at the Stampede parade in our community, and was absolutely DEVASTATED when the red Spiderman face popped. We had been so careful to keep it safe in his room (away from Katie) all day, and then when he was going to bed I suggested that putting on top of his pile of stuffed animals would be softer and safer than putting it on his desk. He cheerfully tossed it onto the animals and POP!

I suspect that the whiskers on a little bean-bag kitten are the cause. I felt so bad for him. He cried really hard. I had to take him downstairs to get him away from Katie's room where she had just gone to sleep.

Ultimately, he found some consolation in taking this picture with his face replacing the red Spiderman balloon, but he will probably never forget the disappointment. I don't think I've ever seen him so heartbroken before.

No comments: