Friday, September 16, 2011

Happy Birthday Blog

The blog is another year older this month.

5 Years
632 posts
That works out to an average of a post every 2.89 days since September 2006.

Reaching this milestone makes me wonder a little bit about the future of this website. As Scott gets older, I see how a blog becomes a very detailed record of a child's life (for Katie it's still a bunch of baby pictures), out in the public domain for anyone to see. I would half consider taking it to private channels, but the feedback I get from the web provides me with the immediate motivation to keep posting every 3 days or so.

The blog has transformed in purpose somewhat. It used to be more about entertainment value. Now it's more about record keeping. The posts are now professionally bound into a book at the end of the year with the intention of giving the kids copies as a history of their young lives.

I guess it is still about entertainment value, actually. I love it and so I will continue.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

How do you print up your posts to get them made into a book? I'd love to do that!

D said...

Jessica,
I assume you will see it anyways, but I have written a post to answer your question:

http://oursesame.blogspot.com/2011/09/blurb-books.html