Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Christmas Card Catastrophe

Yesterday we received a Christmas card from my aunt and uncle in Illinois, and while they are known for their lively family photos, this card was remarkable for another reason -- because nearly a quarter of it had been bitten off by a mail-sorting machine. Poor Jennika took the brunt of the damage. Fortunately, we were at the wedding last December so we have some less-mangled pictures of the newlyweds.



The USPS put the remains of the card into a "We're Sorry" envelope and sent it along to us. I checked for the postmark date and realized that it didn't make it far enough through the machine to even get postmarked. So, if anyone wants two US stamps, let me know. I can steam them off and send them to you. Just send me a self-addressed envelope, postage paid.

3 comments:

Linz said...

Ha ha ha ha!!!

Lisa and Doug said...

Oh my! Do you want another one??!! I'm also shocked at how long it took but I guess that is because it was in the "eaten by a bear" pile!

D said...

Lisa,
Don't worry about sending a new one. Just make sure you sent this year's card in a reinforced envelope.