Thursday, April 12, 2012

Quotes from Easter Weekend



Following an emotional episode-
D: See, Scott? Asking nicely is always better than crying.
S: ... And better than punching.
D: Uh, right.
S: 'Cause punching is always bad.

---------------------------------

On the subject of bedtime prayers-
S: [whispering] I said thank you for our bodies. Last night I said thank you for the Earth.

---------------------------------

At the dinner table-
S: [hands out to each side in questioning manner, palms facing up] Is the Easter Bunny even Real?
D: What do you mean?
S: Is he really alive?
D: Are you asking if the Easter Bunny is dead?
S: No. I mean, is he real -- like can you see him?
R: I've never seen the Easter Bunny, but I know there is always a basket and candy on Easter Morning.
S: Okay.

---------------------------------

Bedtime-
S: You can close the door because I have my own light in here.
D: Okay.
S: ... And it's brighter than that light [points to ceiling]. It's glowing like Jesus.

---------------------------------

On the subject of getting a computer for his room (which previously I said will not likely happen, since we are more likely to put any new computers in the main room)-
S: If all the rooms in the house except mine were filled all the way up with computers, where would you put another computer?
D: Probably in your room.
S: Right. [obviously pleased]

---------------------------------

Getting ready for church-
S: Look at my backpack, Dad.
D: Cool. It has a pin on it that says, "I am a Child of God."
S: Now good guys can see that and they will know that I'm a child of God and a good guy and they won't try to hurt me... because bad guys don't have that pin... because bad guys don't go to church, unless it's a bad guy church. Right?

---------------------------------

Sitting in church, listening to the speaker, who mentions the name "Jesus"-
K: [in a very loud voice] Jesus?! Jesus Christ!!

---------------------------------

At Grandma & Grandpa's house, after soaking his socks by playing outside-
S: I need my shoes! My feet are colder than snow in your mouth!
D: Snow in your mouth?
S: Colder than your whole body in snow!

---------------------------------

Bedtime-
S: Dad, wouldn't you love it if you could play every day and not have to go to work to get money?
D: Yes, that would be great.
S: And if the policeman came and gave you money, you wouldn't have to work and you could play the whole entire day with your whole entire kids!





4 comments:

Unknown said...

Such cute kids. The computer conversation made me laugh out loud. He had you there with his excellent reasoning. Points to R for her perfect Easter Bunny answer. Brilliant.

margo said...

priceless.

Grandma Walters said...

Awesome quotes. Looks like your are teaching our great grandkids what is really important in life...the Gospel. Thanks!

buying rs gold said...

lovely children. The computer discussion made me have a good laugh out noisy. He had you there with his outstanding thinking. Factors to R for her perfect Easter time Rabbit response. Amazing.

rs gold
WOW Gold Kaufen