Monday, February 26, 2007

Blanket Distraction

WEEK
30
210 days of pregnancy have passed. Only 70 days remain. According to the BabyCenter Pregnancy Calendar, the baby is about 15.5 inches long and about 3 pounds. You know, that's the size of a decent watermelon. Although it's only 3 pounds now, the baby will now gain nearly half a pound each week until the due date. R is supposed to gain twice that. This is the time when ladies start to get really uncomfortable. They need massages and distractions. One good distraction is accumulating new baby items.

Last night we put together our stroller, which we brought back with us from New York (see previous post). I think my brother was quite happy to have it out of his shoebox of an apartment, because it was taking up valuable real estate. So far, we are very pleased with the stroller. It looks like it is very well made, and comes with many neat features and accessories. I am so excited -- getting a new stroller is almost as fun as getting a new car or new computer.

Since I began shopping for strollers, I have also started noticing what kinds of strollers other people have. People in St. Laurent Shopping Centre in Ottawa mainly push around strollers made by EvenFlo and Graco. On our trip to New York this weekend, I noticed that New Yorkers prefer Bugaboo and Maclaren strollers. Interesting. We still have not seen another Zooper Hula on the roads anywhere, in Canada or elsewhere. Being unique can be a good thing, unless the unique thing you have is a piece of junk. I think the Zooper is going to be good-unique, not junk-unique.

We brought back another good-unique item from New York. My famous New York cousin Kage gave us a baby blanket made by Spongy Feet, which is run by her friend in San Francisco. It's very classy and a nice addition to our arsenal.

It's hard to say whether all this fantastic loot has taken R's mind off of her discomfort. I can safely say that it's got me plenty distracted, though.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is a spongyfeet blanket? Sounds intriguing and distracting.

Anonymous said...

Was the "blanket" the one in the picture? I think it would scare "Henry John"!

P. S. why do I have to type word verification a dozen times before it sends my message!! I really can read!

Rachel H said...

My sister (a stroller junkie) has a zooper stroller, and I must say it is a great stroller! Not only is it affordable, it is totally stylish, lightweight, and sturdy. A great buy- you will enjoy it!

Thomas said...

We love our Zooper. We used it for Danielle in Disney and must have put 300km on it in Florida.

Danielle won't be walking for a while and the Zooper is perfect.