Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Chasing Buses

Today I came running down the sidewalk at 8:07 and missed my bus by about twelve seconds. I chased it for a little while, but it was pretty clear that I wasn't going to catch it. Instead, I went down a few blocks to a different stop that has multiple buses. Just before I got there, I saw another bus coming, so I had to sprint after that one to make sure I got on. I made it.

It was fairly cold out this morning, so it was a decent shock to the lungs to be breathing so hard so suddenly. The bus was packed, so it was pretty stuffy in there. After a few blocks, I started to feel pretty ill. About two blocks from the train station I asked the driver to let me off. I didn't tell him that I was dangerously close to hurling all over the front of his bus.

After a few minutes outside, with my hands resting on my knees, I lost that tingly feeling in your jaw that signals an imminent puking episode.

I stepped aboard another bus and made it to the train station without losing my breakfast.

6 comments:

Kage said...

ew.

Whenever I pick up my kids and start running they say:"Bus mommy?"...and usually they are right.

Ryan and Katie said...

That used to happen to me when I was on the tube coming out of work in London.... being squished like sardines with your nose in someones armpit and stiffling heat.... yeah no fun, I sympathise!

Anonymous said...

What a horrible feeling--public hurling is never fun--for anyone !

Lisa and Doug said...

I don't know why but I never thought I would hear "the mama" say "hurl"!

Anonymous said...

I guess I'll not be so sympathetic and just say YOU SHOULD NOT SLEEP IN AND YOU WON'T MISS YOUR BUS!!

Eric Jakob said...

Good thing you werent doing lunges or squats on the bus