Thursday, October 25, 2007

Shots For Scott

After looking at these thighs, you might think that this boy is a little on the chunky side. You might think that he belongs in the upper quartile for weight when compared on a chart with his peers.

You would be wrong.


Apparently, Scott had an early encounter with the 72nd percentile, but he's drifted back into his home turf in the "under-fifty" club. I was quite surprised to hear that, since he feels pretty hefty to me, and people are always telling us that he looks so big. I guess big doesn't necessarily mean heavy.

Big can also mean tall.

After a fairly modest start, Scott has been climbing the charts like the proverbial weed. In just six months he has grown 8.5 inches. That's about 1.5 inches per month. My hair doesn't even grow that fast. It seems strange that he would be rising in comparative height, but dropping in comparative weight. Perhaps we need to start giving him some Creatine supplements and get him to hit the weights instead of napping all the time.

Isn't he cute?


We have the latest measurement info because Scotty went in for his second round of immunizations this week. For the last month or so, there's been a post-it note on the counter that said, "Shots For Scott - October 23" on it. I don't know if you've noticed, but that rhymes.


"Scott" took his "Shots" quite well. I wasn't there (good thing -- because I'd faint) but R said that he only cried a bit. If we were to graph it, his crying would be in about the 38th percentile. What a tough kid. But he's wiry, and I don't know but the wiry ones can work the hardest (link).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, he is definitely cute!! And like all babies/children especially when they are napping!

Anonymous said...

Glad he faired so well with the shots. I am not sure how I raised big, strapping boys that are so woozie when needles are involved. It does not bother me at all. Scott seems to be growing at a similar rate to your first year.

Love the link for "wiry". That story was so much a part of your sister, A's, early life. I remember she used the word "fractious" quite a bit--so that is where it came from. Oh,your early days of show business when you played the part of Marilla (and any other parts she wanted you to do except Anne and Diana Spencer) in A's in-house produtions of Anne of Green Gables. You were a good sport.

Anonymous said...

You always have the best links EVER!

Looking at that chunky monkey, I don't think he qualifies as wiry yet. That's a good thing since I think the wiry ones tend to be more fractious anyway.

Anonymous said...

P.S. You were a very good sport.

JwRiDe said...

The first picture looks just like you when you were but a lad. Uncanny.

Eric Jakob said...

You should rub Rogain on his back now cause I know a Greek basketball league that he will clean up in if he keeps growing at that rate. The problem is convincing them hes greek. Get some Rogain.