Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Building of Bankers Court


I started a summer internship in May 2008 in a downtown Calgary office building. Out of my 20th-storey window, I could see another structure being built across the street. After a little searching, I learned that it is called Bankers Court, a $68 million addition to the Bankers Hall complex. I found it fascinating to see how quickly they poured the cement for the successive floors, making the building appear to sprout like a plant.

To track the progress, I took a picture on my 3rd day of work and I tried to take one every 2 weeks since then. Today the cranes lifted the portable toilets off the roof, so the job must be nearly completed. That's good, because today is the last day of my "summer" job.

May 8 2008

June 9 2008

June 25 2008

July 4 2008

July 23 2008

August 13 2008

August 29 2008

September 15 2008

September 29 2008

November 17 2008

November 24 2008

December 10 2008

December 17 2008

5 comments:

JwRiDe said...

Sad to see summer end...sweet idea, bro

Unknown said...

It was really interesting to see how much progress they could make in such a short time. Is taking the portable toilets off the top of a project the universal symbol that they're done?

D said...

Definitely a universal symbol. The workers follow the toilets -- it's a simple law of nature.

Anonymous said...

This is a really cool post about a project that EllisDon is building. Do you mind if we link to your post from our website?

Feel free to contact me directly, if you have any questions or concerns. czakrajsek@ellisdon.com

(I'm the webmaster.)

D said...

Christine, that would fine with me if you wanted to link to my post. Thanks.