Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas 1978 - 2008

My Grandma A gave me a Christmas outfit in 1978, when I was a about 14 months old. As noted in a previous blog post, my mom dug it out of a box somewhere and sent it to us just before Scott was born.

Because his birthday is earlier in the year, he was 20 months old when we dressed him up in the Christmas outfit, so it wasn't a perfect fit. Still, he looked awful cute and we took plenty of pictures. You just don't see many red velvet vests these days.


13 comments:

David and Cheryl said...

What amazingly EXTREME similarities between 2008 you with your 1978 dad! And 2008 Scottie with 1978 you! All that is missing in that picture is Michael J. Fox and a delorean with flaming tires.

D said...

The guy in the 1978 picture is actually my uncle (mom's brother). I had never thought there was much of a resemblance. Everyone thinks he and my oldest brother are twins, however.

JwRiDe said...

awesome!!

Linz said...

Oh man that is too awesome!

And R's hair looks so beautiful!

Kage said...

that was click-on-an-ad worthy...

Lisa and Doug said...

So cute and I love the shot of that cute uncle! I think Scottie looks like he could be in a little barbershop quartet.

Unknown said...

I think those two 2008 pictures are some of my favorites of your family. You all look so great in them!

Ryan and Katie said...

he is soooo cute!

Babuino said...

hey dude, finally remembered your blog; glad to see things are good in Calgary.
Vic

margo said...

How fun to see that! And nice to see that S has a neck...unlike his old dad. :)

Eric Jakob said...

You have a good family. Its nice to pass memories and traditions on. I hear Red velvet is back in for toddlers. You hit the fashion cycle bro.

Grandma Walters said...

Of course Scotty is always cute, and we got a glimpse of his proud dad, but the winner was the one with Rachelle. Not enough pictures of her and she looks just as proud!!

Unknown said...

Parkin looks much sportier!