Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas in the Idaho Hills


This year we spent Christmas with my family at the home my parents just acquired on the outskirts of Pocatello, Idaho. They are in the area called Buckskin, and they've started calling their place the "Buckskin Lodge" for reasons obvious from the photos.




It was constructed a number of years ago out of ENORMOUS logs and is heated from stove in the massive stone fireplace. Obviously, my parents love it.


Instead of skiing, the lodge offered direct access to sledding -- by way of the driveway. The daily runs with the tractor-snowblower left great snowbanks along the driveway that created a track much like a luge track. The kids (large and small) had a great time. The video shows Scotty and me making a run together.


After 2 or 3 trips, he decided he'd had enough.

9 comments:

Scotty P said...

Wow. Pocatello? We should have met up. Katie and I (and fam) drove through there on our way to a family reunion. Maybe next time we can join you on a few sled runs.

D said...

The more the merrier, I always say. Next time you go through Pokey, be sure to stop at Big O tires and buy some tires or wheels from my Dad.

Jessica said...

Wow, great place to getaway to!

Grandma Walters said...

Wow, and I thought they just bought a "common" home in downtown!! What a beautiful lodge/home and area. No wonder you preferred to spend the holidays there. I would too. Sledding looked so fun. What you don't put Scotty through, but he will always cherish the memories with his dad!

Jenn said...

Is that your Liberty?? Were thinking about getting one.
Oh and beautiful place!

D said...

Yes, that is our Liberty. We think it is sweeeeeet. You should get one.

Although, one day when I grow up I would like to get the 4-door Jeep Wrangler. Ooooooohhhhh....

Jenn said...

Nice! I think my other half will give you a shout to pick your brain on the Liberty...we figure it you can fit in it, so can he!

Anonymous said...

Pocatello is only an hour from where I grew up-Soda Springs, Idaho. Pocatello was our big city trip to go to the mall, dentist-all those fun things. Next time you're down, you may want to make the drive over the mountain and see the world's only captive geyser! :)
Brooke Gilchrist

Eric Jakob said...

drk. I think th "" on my kyboard stoppd working caus i droold on it.

Nic cabin dud.