Monday, February 18, 2013

Quotes from Family Day Weekend

We were able to swing a babysitting deal while we went out Friday evening for dinner. The kids said some funny things at bedtime while we were gone.

Katie was saying that mom lets her do something-
S: Katie didn't actually do that. Lying is against the commandments. 'Thou shalt not lie.'

Trying to get Katie to go potty-
K: I'm going to go downstairs and be a bad girl and you can tell my mom.

Scott was (once again) worried about coyotes. He said, "Dad told me they come inside and eat babies." I said no such thing. I told him that coyotes have no idea how to open a door. There's a difference.

-------------------------------------------------
On Family Day

The waitress at the diner said "Hi baby" to Katie.
K: Why did she say 'hi baby?' I'm not a baby. I'm growing up. I'm three.

Scott coming back from a playdate at a friend's house
S: There was an older girl there too. She rides the bus.
R: You recognized her?
S: I recognized her head.
R: Her head?
S: Yeah. Not Her clothes.

D: Katie, count to ten.
K: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30.
D: Wow Katie! I didn't know you could count to 30! (I didn't know she could count to 10)

Coming downstairs at Grandma's house to find auntie K still in her workout clothes, including a sleeveless shirt-
S: Why are you wearing a shirt with no sleeves?!
K: I just finished working out.
S: Why are you still wearing it?
K: I just finished when you got here.
S: Are you going to wear that all day?
K: Do you think I should?
S: No.
(Scott would prefer to wear shorts and a short-sleeve shirt every day of the year, so we have had to teach him that he must wear a long-sleeve shirt and pants during the winter. He is somewhat draconian in enforcing this principle upon others.)

No comments: