Monday, August 20, 2007

Second Breakfast At Ikea

I managed to capture a few magical moments on film the last two days. For example, I snapped this shot of R and Scott hanging out together on the couch at R's parents' place, where we've been living for the last week or so. They're both cute, cute, cute.

Another magical moment was this morning, when I had the $1 breakfast at the Ikea store in south Calgary. This visit was my third attempt at buying new cabinets for the kitchenette in the basement. It's crazy how long you have to wait to talk to somebody in the custom kitchen section of the store. Once they accept your computerized layout and submit it for processing, you still have to wait for an hour or two while they round up all your stuff in from the warehouse. I didn't have a computerized plan, but I talked the lady into ordering me the stuff I needed. While I waited, I enjoyed the breakfast -- which was actually my second breakfast of the day.

R's parents came over and helped paint the upstairs at the house. It was inspiring to see R's dad tear through the upstairs, painting nearly every wall in one day. The upstairs just needs one more coat of paint and then it will be ready for habitation. This weekend we made a few huge strides forward in the basement. After all of our wiring efforts, my brother-in-law brought his electrician friend over to do the tricky work on the panel so that we didn't kill ourselves. Another few days of this pace and we might just get it all finished.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting that you are almost ready to move in! Three cheers for R's handy and helpful family!

And may I add that that's one hearty breakfast for a mere dollar. Impressive.

Anonymous said...

IKEA has just come to Salt Lake. Did not know that they serve breakfast--and for only $1. Will have to check this one out and see if ours does.


Way to go, Grandpa M !

JwRiDe said...

GM is moving quick throught the paint cause he is powered by Fiery Doritos! D-man, seeing all this work makes me wish I was living closer, you know Id be there for you.