Saturday, August 18, 2007

Totally Wired

There aren't any pictures for today, but there was a lot of wire. We fixed a few wiring issues in the basement (ie: the bathroom plugs not working) and modified it in a few places to better suit our needs. The first parts of the wall went up in the kitchenette and the old subfloor was torn out. With the electrical work out of the way, we should make great progress on the walls in the next few days.

Upstairs, R led a crack team in painting all the trim. We're nearly ready to paint the walls in the bedrooms and then move onto the kitchen. The sooner that's done, the sooner we can move our stuff out of the truck and into the house. The sooner we can empty out the truck, the sooner we can sell it and get it off our driveway.

Scott is as cute as ever. He is cooing less, but laughing more. He seems to love "Patty-Cake", and giggles quite a bit whenever anyone does that one with him. He's also become ticklish, and will giggle if you tickle his ribs. I've been surprised how much he likes to play with people. I'm so used to him being a non-responsive little newborn that I don't really expect him to want to play. It's fun to watch. Perhaps I should spend a little less time playing with wires and a little more time getting him to giggle.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No pictures!?! I love wiring pictures! Let's see some!

Anonymous said...

Hooray, you made it home! I can't wait to see all of you, and the new house. I'll be home for the long weekend and I think I'll be prepared to make Scott giggle.

See you soon.

Eric Jakob said...

How did R's team do at painting trim If they usually paint cracks?

D said...

They don't paint cracks, they're on crack.