Saturday, March 10, 2007

Vintage Christmas Clothes

Last week we received a package in the mail from my mom. It contained a red Christmas vest, accompanied by a matching green bow tie and green pants. The knees of the pants were pretty worn.


Along with the clothes was a letter and some photographs.

Dear D and R,
I saved this little outfit of D's all these years because I thought he looked so cute in it. Thought it might be fun for you to have. (Elastic in the pants needs replacing - a bit brittle.)

Love,
Mom


The photographs are from Christmas back when I was 2 years old. I think the first one is great, because it shows my bowl-cut brother climbing up the cupboards using an overturned ottoman (above). In the other photo (left), you can see my uncle DTA, sitting on the couch with his glorious nephews and his fantastic neice.

This was back when he was "our single uncle", the one who would run laps around the park in the winter, with a scarf tied around his head.

I didn't have a scarf back then, but I had a pretty snazzy bow tie.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, the memories that come back seeing those pics. D-man, you have ALWAYS been dapper and this proves it. Hammer has always been a daredevil, and this proves that as well. In my mind the counter in the kitchen was much longer that it appears. Can't wait to see the 'Seedling' in the pants and vest - Dapper's Eldest Bowl Cut Bro

Anonymous said...

Such outstanding cuteness, D. I remember that outfit and how soft and luxurious the vest felt.

I think Mom and Dad win for Best Use of Harvest Gold in the home decorating category.

It's nice to see Eldest Bowl Cut Bro on here. It's about time!

SamyoD said...

hahaha that picture with DTA is great.

Anonymous said...

I sent this once, so it must have been an "r and n" instead of an "m" in the word verification. I hate it when my comments don't go the first time...but here goes, again!
Somewhere SOMEONE once said, "Ask and ye shall receive". So it looks like the vintage clothes are coming in. Your mom was so sweet to save that outfit for you!

David and Cheryl said...

Those pictures are so classic!
I see that Cam's love for fine rounded pleather ottomans started at a young age. That one looks exactly like the one he gave to Kristine when they were engaged, only it was baby blue.

Linz said...

a little late in commenting--fun to see DTA...the outfit is awesome. I'm so glad your Mom saved it all these years.