Wednesday, November 01, 2006

33 Percent Peachy

Well, last week I tried to convince myself that we had hit the one-third mark, even though it really hadn't been one-third. It sounded better to say that we were a third of the way through. Well, if it wasn't quite true last week, it is completely true now. As of today we have passed the one third mark in a 40-week pregnancy.

According to YPWBY*, the baby is about 3 inches long and approximately the size of a peach. I much prefer comparing it to a peach, rather than a shrimp. I like shrimp, but I'd rather stick to the fruit.

The baby is well into a stage of extremely rapid growth. Until this point, the head has grown faster than the rest of the body. It accounts for half of the overall length of the baby. Now, the body will begin to catch up. I think it took my body neary 20 years to catch up to my head.

Week Thirteen -- One third and peachy.

*Your Pregnancy Week By Week

No comments: