Monday, November 27, 2006

Large Onion

WEEK
17
I have been advised that some responsibilities around the house need to take precedence over the blog for the next few days. I'll be brief.

According to babycenter.com, the baby is now the size of a large onion (5 inches). I think I know exactly what they're talking about. I've seen some big onions before. You might remember the picture of the enormous onion rings from the Iceberg Drive Inn, which I posted in week 11.

We also ran into some big onions Labour Day weekend when my brother T was in town. We went to the "Blooming Onion" chip wagon in downtown Ottawa and had their trademark dish. For those who don't know, they serve an onion blossom, which is basically a huge onion that's been cut, battered and deep fried so that it expands like a huge flower. I looked it up on wikipedia and found out that the onions used for this sort of thing are Vidalia Onions, which are large, sweet onions that are grown in Georgia.

I know about large onions. I've seen 'em. I hope you believe me, because I really shouldn't write any more.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I advise you that you have a loyal fan base that you also have a responsibility to. Keep the blogs coming!

Anonymous said...

I love the onion pic

Anonymous said...

I love the blooming onion! I live down the street from it and go there once a week!!!

Bloom On

Anonymous said...

The City of Ottawa is trying to have the Blooming Onion removed, to be replaced by artisan stalls. Please go and sign the petition or join the Facebook group, "Save the Blooming Onion".