Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Sears Deal: Truth or Fiction?

In a comment to this posting, J&L said that they'd heard from their nurse that purchases on a Sears card are free if your baby is born on the due date. I am generally suspicious of this sort of thing, so I thought I'd check it out.

I searched all over the internet without finding any other mention of such a program. The Sears site doesn't have any information, and I couldn't find any bloggers talking about it. I think the only thing left to do is to call the baby department at a Sears store to ask them directly. I would do it right now, but the stores are likely closed at the moment.

Suppose that this is true -- do they have conditions covering induced labour? If not, you could buy all sorts of crazy stuff and then prevail upon your doctor to induce you on the due date. Then you could turn your baby's arrival into a big scam. What a way to start life -- accessory to fraud.

Is it really is true that Sears will refund you the value of your baby-related purchases should your baby be born on the due date? Has anyone out there heard anything more about this? I would like to know... for educational purposes.

2 comments:

Eric said...

I think it's just one of those rumors that goes around. Kind of like this one.

Anonymous said...

I had an actual Sears cashier tell me anything at sears, not just on your card will be free if baby is born on due date... but that was 4 yrs ago