Monday, June 18, 2007

First Father's Day


Well, my first Father's Day has come and gone, and already the tradition has been established -- as a gift I received several pairs of socks. I imagine R had some influence on the gift, because I don't think little Scott has learned to be so clever quite yet. We had a good laugh over it, but I honestly do appreciate the socks. I go through them like crazy. It must be all the basketball that does it -- that and walking around outside without any shoes on.

I was also given a Toblerone chocolate bar, but it had unfortunately been left in the car too long while R was running errands. In case you have always wondered what might happen after a Toblerone melts and cools again, I can tell you that the cardboard package keeps it in a nice triangle shape, but the chocolate remains very gooey -- almost like a Lindt Lindor chocolate ball. It was still very tasty.


I look forward to many more years of socks and chocolate. Thank you, Scott (and Scott's mom).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Toblerone in any form is always excellent. I'm glad your first Father's Day was a success.

Anonymous said...

The socks are a running joke in our family as a gift as Greg has gotten them for every Christmas, Fathers day and Birthday for our married life (except for this one.)Everyone gave him so many socks for Christmas 2 years ago as a joke, he hasn't needed any yet!!!!
Helen