Wednesday, June 27, 2007

NAFTA Promotes Slobbery Bibs

WEEK
9
Now we know why all the outfits people gave us come with matching bibs: It's to catch the drool. Until now, I thought bibs were to keep food off of the child's shirt, but this week's development article sets the record straight. Bibs are for intensifying drool.

We haven't been using any bibs so far, but we certainly have enough to be ready when the slobber comes. In fact, we have only bought three clothing items so far: some preemie pajamas (for the first week), a camouflage boonie hat, and a bib. I ordered this cool bib online from etsy.com, which is kind of like the ebay of handicrafts. The seller was a lady in Ohio who visited my blog a time or two from my famous cousin's blog. She's got lots of cool stuff, and she only charged $2 to send the bib up to Canada. In that respect, etsy wins over ebay, because ebay sellers either charge you a mint for any "international" shipments or they just plain don't ship abroad. The BabyAdorned seller is true to the spirit of the North American Free Trade Agreement. Well done.

Aside from slobbery bibs, we can expect Scott to start rocking a bit, in preparation for that big day when he rolls right over. At that point, he will enter that stage where he will frequently get himself into positions that he can't get back out of, requiring us to come to his rescue. I imagine he'll also have a tendency to try to fling himself off of every high place, so we'll have to watch closely.

Right now, his lifestyle is still quite sedentary, and not so slobbery.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Ahhh bibs. I remember them fondly. Ask anyone who knew Connor as a baby and toddler...he ALWAYS had a bib on because he drooled excessively. All those nice little outfits were constantly unseen because they were hiding behind the bib. Even to this day when you're having a conversation with Connor, you can sometimes hear the saliva accumulating in his mouth.

Linz said...

You've got good taste! I like the bib and I'm excited to check out etsy.

Anonymous said...

Wow, dare I comment after that second comment? I was going to say I hope Scott does not go cross-eyed-seeing-dots if you put that bib on him! Oh, well...

I am sure you have missed me on this blog for a few weeks, right? Just read your email generic letter to catch you up. Sorry you were missing on our Calgary segment of our trip!

I've tried to send this three times! I am sure I'm getting the letters right! GRRRR

Anonymous said...

Grandma,
I think you sould get Grandpa to spring for a bigger monitor!