Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Maternity Pants

R went out and bought herself some maternity pants at the Gap yesterday. They were marked down from $88 to $21 -- a fantastic value. What makes this especially impressive is that she bought them without anyone there to convince her that it was a good idea. That is usually my job. I don't need any encouragement to buy stuff. Quite the contrary, in fact. We make a great team: I tell her to buy stuff and she tells me not to.

The pants have a wide elastic band at the top which can be folded down if it's in the way, or worn right across the belly (R unfolded it for the picture). Since her stomach is not huge yet, she just folded it down today. R says it's so comfortable, she doesn't understand why all pants aren't made this way.

Look at that cute tummy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheap Nice Comfy Pants.. yup there hard to come by. That could be cause its hard to find pants in my size anymore... I wonder if that means im over weight, I prefer to think of it as I simply love good food.. er check that I simply love any food!!

Congrats on the baby on the way. Your life is just beginning all over again. You'd both better start catching up on your sleep!!

Jon G

Anonymous said...

That is a cute tummy! Glad to see things are moving along.

Anonymous said...

Good looking pants (and tummy). My mom told me when she was pregnant that they had skirts and pants that had a large hole in the front through which the ever expanding tummy would protrude. There was a drawstring in the top that you would tighten around the tummy to keep said clothes in place. Then a long top was worn to cover this (and hope the wind did not blow.) We have come a long way, baby !