Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Ultrasound - Round 3

Tomorrow is ultrasound number three. This time, they are going to take a close look at the baby's neck and head. This is the alternative to having an amniocentesis, which we nixed previously.

Originally, we were excited about the ultrasound as a shameless opporunity to peek at the baby again. However, the other day I was speaking to a friend of ours (JS) who will soon give birth to her 5th child (or is it her 6th?) and she said that they haven't had an ultrasound for any of their children since the first one. She wonders if they're dangerous for the baby's health. I wonder if it's getting too hard on the pocketbook. The pictures are 5 bucks and the DVDs are $25. I really shouldn't get another one, but I'm tempted.

We told the other people in our prenatal class about the DVD, and they were pretty impressed.

Another thing JS told us about was her inability to get out of bed. Apparently, her stomach is large enough that she can't use her abs to sit up. Instead, her husband helps to roll her out of bed. That's wicked.

Oompa-Loompa-Doompa-Dee-Do...

R's tummy is getting dramatically larger, but we won't start rolling her around the house anytime soon. I snapped a picture back on December 7 when she was curling her hair because I thought she looked cute in her maternity sweater. I'll take some more pictures soon so you can see the change:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooo, can I just say I love your bathroom! Very stylish. Just kidding, who cares about the bathroom R you look great.