Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Travel Plans Put On Hold

Here's my email to the phone company that I just sent:

Hello Customer Care,

I am currently a phone customer with your service. I have been having a problem on my phone line ever since I signed up with you a few months ago. It's as if the call is being put on hold, but I have no control over it. It is a terrible, terrible nuisance:

On a frequent basis, the conversation will suddenly be interrupted. On my end, I get a dial tone. On the other end, the caller gets music. It's as if they've been put on hold. If I hang up the phone, it rings again and the connection resumes. This will sometimes happen several times in the same call. Often, the caller gets confused and hangs up. We've lost several calls that way, and it must be addressed. I thought it might be a passing phenomenon, but it continues to occur. For example, I was on the phone with an airline booking agent this evening, and this happened FOUR TIMES during the call. It was between about 8:10pm and 8:30pm, Eastern Time.

I would call your office, but I spent 40 minutes on hold the last time I called. Please look into this matter and call me. Thank you.
-D

I was calling the airline because they had changed our holiday itinerary by adding an extra connection. In the end, they changed us to a different flight, which leaves quite early in the morning. It was bad news, and the phone problem didn't make things any better.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't even get me talking about airlines! I bought a one-way ticket on People's Express when I went to BYU. I ended up using that same ticket 4 times. I suppose some of you may think that's a good thing. However, I had to spend the night in the Denver airport each time. That was not so fun. Suffice it to say, People's Express went belly up. By the way, D, I think you should seriously consider choosing the name "Parkin". It's a good, strong name. Just don't take "Dogface". That's already taken. Besides, Dalan would not be too pleased. He's very attached to it. He has the cap and matching quilt. I'll be happy to make you a "Parkin" quilt with some cars and perhaps a few hitchhikers scattered here and there.