Wednesday, September 05, 2007

The Ethics of Dishwashers

Today (day 2 of MBA Orientation Week) we had a one hour introduction to business ethics from one of the professors. Of course it was fascinating.

Meanwhile, on the home front, R used our dishwasher for the first time. She said it felt like cheating. You see, we haven't had a dishwasher since mid-2002. I don't think dishwashers will come up in any of our ethics courses.

It's nice to have a few timesavers around, since Scott has been quite fussy lately. We attribute it partially to the disruptions of changing routines and environments, and partially to his first cold. R and I came down ill on the weekend, and it seemed to be only a matter of time before Scott caught it too. His little coughs and sneezes are sad, but cute. We've had to wipe his nose for the first time -- something that he doesn't like very much.

I'm feeling much better now, and it seems that R and Scott have also turned the corner on this cold, so things are looking up... and ethical.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for dishwashers...
We were without one for just the last 4 months and I know how happy I am to have one again. Can't imagine the joy at your house after 5 years.

Sorry about the colds--glad you are all feeling better.

And I am all for ethics !

Kage said...

OH the dishwasher....I love you so.

Anonymous said...

Better get used to kids with colds and runny noses - it seems to come with the territory. But hope all well now!

Eric Jakob said...

When my pal was in university he and his room mates had 2 diswashers. That way they never had to put the clean dishes away. He only had to take it out of the clean one and put it into the dirty one when he was done.

Anonymous said...

Is... that...R...on...the...top...picture...with...Scott...and........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Glasses!!!???

jenjakob said...

What's up Derek? You were blogging from storage closets while Scott was born but you start slacking when you start school?

Perhaps you are weaning us for the day when assignments consume your time and the blogsite becomes dusty.

D said...

You're right, the posting frequency may slow down a bit, but I don't think it will die altogether.

This blog is one of my primary sources of income these days, I could hardly give it up.

(I'm about $6 from my first paycheck)