Friday, September 14, 2007

Landmarks

I missed the date by two days, but I would like to point out a landmark of sorts: This blog is now one year old.

I started it at 1:00am on September 12, 2006 and I've put out 279 posts since then (including this one). Now that so much has been going on, the pace has slowed somewhat, but it won't dry up entirely. I've got too much time invested in this thing to just let it stop.

Landmark #2: R has arranged for her first singing student since we moved here. That means that we'll have to get some more of the boxes out of the living room, I guess. Even still, we're not really sure where to put a piano -- either stacked on top of one of the couches, or maybe hanging from one of the walls like a painting.

Landmark #3: I went to my first information session on campus last night. Scotia Capital came out and made a recruiting presentation. I was the only person from my first-year MBA class to show up -- it was mostly fourth-year BComm students in attendance. Because I came early, I happened to be the first student to arrive. They all descended on me -- not just for my magnetic personality, though. Apparently, they had a DVD to show, but the laptop they brought didn't have a DVD drive. I ended up saving the day. That's the kind of first impression you just can't plan.

There's probably some more stuff going on that deserves mention, but I need to save something for post #280.

3 comments:

JwRiDe said...

I have raised a can of Diet MD and toasted the milestone/landmark. Well done, and here's to many more postlings.

Anonymous said...

The only way I can keep track of you guys is by this blog so keep it coming. I don't get many emails from you in return for all the ones I send you! Glad Rachelle is ready to start her student teaching! She is so good. How about in the middle of the room for the piano - I take it you have bought one to replace the one you sold back east???

D said...

We haven't bought a new piano yet. We still have an electric keyboard that R bought back when we were in a small apartment. We'll use that for now.