Monday, September 10, 2007

Kyle, Gavin and Marco Polo

There are three boys in our neighbourhood whom I know by name, even though I've never met them or even seen them before. They are Kyle, Gavin and Marco. I'm pretty sure Kyle and Gavin are brothers, but I don't know if Marco has any siblings. If he does, they are not nearly so adventurous as he is.

I have spent a lot of time working on the basement with the door open to the back yard, and I have heard Kyle and Gavin's parents calling after them plenty. From what I understand, Gavin likes to ride his bike farther than he is supposed to, and his parents don't like it. Several times each day he rides past some boundary and they yell out something like, "Gav-in! Come back here! Do you want to be grounded off that bike?!" Kyle behaves much the same way, so his parents often call out both their names.

I always chuckle when Marco's parents come looking for him. The air is punctuated by periodic shouts of "Marco!" You half expect another voice to shout back "Polo!"

I know I've been tempted to do it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go ahead--I dare you.

Anonymous said...

I double-dog dare you!