Monday, September 18, 2006

Roughly the Size of a Raspberry

WEEK
7
Another week and another new food comparison. Apparently, the baby has morphed from a chickpea into a raspberry. This is good news, because R is a huge raspberry fan. She doesn't really go for chocolate or other sweets, but she goes nuts over raspberries... and lettuce. She's pretty wild.

We have not left the bean family completely behind. Babycenter.com says that "your baby is like a little jumping bean, moving in fits and starts around his watery home." A little jumping bean?

R has been feeling completely wiped out lately. Totally wiped out. I have found myself doing more of the chores around the house. I still do a terrible job of cleaning all the pots and pans. I don't mind doing the rest of the dishes, but there's something about the icky pots that I really don't like. I will often do all the dishes except for one pot... and maybe a glass. R points this out occasionally, but I don't have a good explanation for it. This weekend I left a lettuce spinner out one day, a saucepan the next, and a frying pan (actually two frying pans) on the last day. Finally R had to intercede. The laundry went off in similar fashion.

Interesting advice from babycenter.com -

This Week's Activity: Take a photo of your belly.
Have someone take a picture of you this week, before your pregnancy starts showing. Then keep taking photos once a month until your baby arrives. It's a great way to track your progress and you'll love having the keepsake. Tips for a great shot: Consider wearing the same outfit, standing in the same spot, and striking the same pose (profiles work best) for each photo. Black-and-white shots and nudes or semi-nudes can also be beautiful.


R says that she doesn't want to take shots of her belly -- nude or otherwise. She suggests that perhaps I would like to take shots of my belly. I think that would be a wonderful keepsake.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, how about keeping belly shots of any kind to a minimum.

D, I do the dishes the same way. I have tried to figure out why this is, and the only thing I can come up with is that when I know I am almost done I start thinking about my next activity, get excited about it, and move on to it before I actually completely finish. Thus the lone dirty glass remains forlornly on the counter.

Anonymous said...

Babycentre failed to pinpoint the true joy of this exercise. Photos must be taken weekly, not monthly, and, as they suggested, in the same clothes and pose. Then at the end of the pregnancy you can print out all of the photos and make them into a "page flicker" book. Simply flick the pages in a rapid purring motion and watch Rachelle grow from 0-60 in just a few seconds. Hours of fun for all the family! If Rachelle isn't keen Derek, remember that many young men were nagged into going on a mission and now talk of nothing else in life. The same theory is absolutely applicable here.
Possibly.
So go on, suggest the idea again (and repeat ad infinitum).