Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Missed Connection


Home, sweet home.

We made it back tonight, safe and sound. Unfortunately, our luggage missed the connection in Chicago. We made it to our gate 5 minutes before loading started, so I shouldn't be surprised that the bags didn't make it. There were several other people filling out forms at the baggage desk, so we know it wasn't an isolated incident.

As long as we get the bags back, this is only a minor inconvenience for me. It's a bit worse for R. Her bag of hair products and her curling iron were in the suitcase.

While we were on the plane, R felt another good kick, and I got my hand there in time for a follow-up punt. It's remarkable that this stuff has just started in the last few days. What has this little guy been doing up until now? Did he suddenly grow large enough to let out a big kick, or was he just holding back all this time? I know I'll never get any answers, but I won't let that stop me from asking the questions.

We'll, I'd better go see if we have something to brush my teeth with. I think I have a wire brush in the basement.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are the best! (Note: "best" should be pronounced Nacho Libre style for full intended effect.)

Kage said...

I felt my first baby kick for the first time on an airplane....

Anonymous said...

Your dad had had a bit of misplaced luggage in all the traveling he has done. One time we got a phone call at 2 am from a guy sitting on our driveway to tell us he was there to deliver the luggage to us. Apparently AM and PM have little meaning to a luggage deliverer.