Monday, January 15, 2007

Soccer Mom

WEEK
24
According to this week's babycenter.com the expanding uterus is now about the size of a soccer ball. R has noticed the baby kicking her soccer ball fairly vigorously lately.

At first, it was wildly exciting to feel the baby moving around, but R has also found it sometimes distracting. R was having trouble concentrating on the movie we were watching last night because the baby was furiously swimming laps around the pool. I thought it was great, because I take whatever contact I can get. Usually, I only get my hand in there for the aftershocks from the really good kicks.

As recommended by our doctor and babycenter.com, R went in for her Glucose Screening Test today. Basically, she had to drink some sugary orange pop and wait for an hour before they took some blood. Blood tests...Ooooohhhhh.... We'll find out about the results of the test later, and if there is a risk of diabetes. Apparently, if your sugar levels are too high your baby can gain so much weight that labour can actually become more difficult.

We had our second-last prenatal class tonight. The nurse asked for volunteers to research a few topics for next week's session. Guess what I volunteered for? Strollers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I had been gone for awhile and was good to catch up. Ask Jenny about this baby talk as she and I can't tell anything the baby is saying! All I could ever do is tell my baby's cries from all the other babies crying. Helen

Anonymous said...

Great post, but I'm not sure what this has to do with acid staining concrete floors!?!? I thought your post would be more like this site:

http://www.acidstainsite.com/

Some great photos there. Who knew concrete was so versatile?

D said...

Thanks for the tip, Mr. Rooney. I'll look into it.

Oh, and thanks for the VHS tape about Pandas. I loved it so much I hung it on my wall.