Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The Scoop on Sesame Seeds

Part of the fun of having a blog is checking the site statistics to see who has been visiting. Not only does the stats system track the number of visits, but it also tracks the search engine keywords that bring people to the site. Here's an example of keywords that hit on the site in the last 2-3 days:

Num Search Term
2 chubby grandma
1 vintage sesame street kids clothes
1 rickshaw stroller
1 there's a hole in the bucket sesame
1 zooper hula fabric
1 live spot price of sesame seeds
1 ivf cycle travel high altitude
1 67s fan

You'll notice that the terms "sesame" and "sesame seed" show up quite frequently. Usually, the queries are some version of the question, "Is it safe to eat to sesame seeds during pregnancy?" I feel bad for those sesame searchers who hit the site, because I know that the answers to their questions have never been provided on these pages.

... until now.

Using the Swedish version of our trusty BabyCenter.com as my starting point, I found my way to the Pregnancy Nutrition Page on www.vegansociety.com. The Swedish Chef and his associates in the Vegan Society all agree that it is safe to eat sesame seeds during pregnancy. In fact, the "VS" counsels women to choose from the following on a daily basis:
Nuts & Seeds e.g. all types of nuts, nut butters, (cashew nut butter etc.), pumpkin, sunflower and sesame seeds and tahini (sesame seed spread).

I hope this has been helpful, and lets some of those frantic searchers out there put their concerns to rest. Sadly, I'm still not sure how to help those two people searching for "chubby grandma."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aah ! Such a public service you are providing to the sesame seed knowledge seekers. Good for you.

I know a lot about chubby grandmas since I have been a grandma for a few years and have noticed that the chubby part is quickly catching up with me as well. Luckily none of my grandkids do the "chubby, chubby" on my arms yet. Good reason to always wear long sleeves.

Aaron said...

haha! Love the interesting snipits of information you are always providing.

I left a little something something on my blog for you and R. Hope you get some use out of it!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I must have sent you TWO comments about CHUBBY, because I am a grandma and that would make two of them. I do think if (John Henry) is chubby that he will be so cute!