Monday, March 05, 2007

Two Weeks Worth of Weight

WEEK
31
Well, according to BabyCenter's pregnancy calendar, our baby is about 16 inches long. They also say he "weighs a little over 3 pounds and is headed for a growth spurt."

Perhaps the growth spurt is already here.

Since the doctor estimated the baby's weight at just over 4 pounds on Thursday, I think it might be appropriate to look ahead to see which week that corresponds to. Apparently, the baby is closer to the weight estimate for Week 33.

I think R is feeling like she's at week 33. She started showing very early, and the baby seems determined to stick as far out as possible. He also has boundless energy, kicking, stretching and turning constantly. She says that he calms down if I put my hand on her belly. I don't see how that would work, but I'm happy to do it all the same.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't that be great if the baby really were at 33 weeks? That would mean only 48 more days of waiting! Does R's family have a history of delivering early?

Anonymous said...

I delivered early for a lot of mine. If she thinks she will be early, the airlines may not let her visit her folks soon!!

Anonymous said...

I was exactly one week late with #1 and right on the due date for #2. I can't believe you're at 31 weeks. Once you hit 30 it just flies.