Saturday, May 19, 2007

Golf Periscope

My good friend E has his birthday this weekend (it's actually on Monday, but it's a long weekend, so that still counts as the weekend). As part of the celebration, his wife sent him off golfing with friends. Since he's turning 30, and that is quite a big deal, I decided I would dust off my clubs and swallow my pride for a round of golf in his honour. Although I have played a decent amount of golf in my time, I encountered something on this course (Manderley on the Green) that I'd never seen before: a periscope.

Apparently, this is not the only course in the area with a periscope. These have been installed primarily for safety, but they also serve defensive purposes quite well.

The other gift that E received was a big playoff win from the Ottawa Senators to send them to the Stanley Cup finals. We were at E's house for a barbeque and we watched the game there. On our way home after the game, quite a few cars went by with horns honking and red flags waving. It seems that everyone was in the spirit of E's birthday.

Scott slept through most of it, but he woke up for overtime. He's a big Sens fan.

2 comments:

JwRiDe said...

Go SENS!!! Watched it out here on a TV instead of via Internet (real treat for one living in the land of no-hockey)

Grandma Walters said...

What in the world do they use the periscope for????